Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Progress not Perfection



In case you were unaware of what is going on, I am home for the summer recovering from a hand surgery.   Since I had to take the summer off anyway, I decided to take this time to recover from my divorce. To heal myself, and purge and sort, and clean the ton of stuff I moved into my LITTLE apartment.  I've been here for almost 2 years, and it looks like I just moved in.  

I have been at it now for 4 weeks.  I am making time to enjoy life and spend time with friends and family, but I am also spending 4-10 hours working on the projects that I have decided need to be dealt with before I go back to work.  

Yesterday, it was my youngest son's albums.  

I should start by saying that part of my "big" plan is to finish my children's albums and get them in their hands instead of in my apartment.  If a photo isn't worth scrapping I toss it, and I am PURGING a ton!!  

My oldest son has most of his albums.  He has is SCOUT albums and his SCHOOL albums, but I still have photos to scrap from POST SCHOOL and of course the last 3 years of being a daddy!! This are mostly caught up, just a few pages to add and I can box those up for him.  

However ...

My youngest son's stuff is a mess!!




All of those boxes are full of photos (a bunch undated - just sayin') , ephemera, and memorabilia.

What a mess!  Yesterday I spent 9 hours, YES!! 
9 hours
 sorting, throwing, organizing and scrapping for him.  I am not done, but I have a great start.  I think I can have his done by the end of the week.  Such a good feeling to be able to move this out of my head and house.  

I am so excited to say that all of my children will be getting FINISHED scrapbooks for Christmas this year.  I am finishing them, boxing them and wrapping them up!  DONE!


My serious advise to you, as your friend, 

Get a STABILLO pencil, and if you print a picture, 
PUT THE YEAR ON THE BACK!!

So many of my son's photos I remember the story, but have no idea if it was kindergarten or Third grade!  I'm a bit sad about that.  But, they will still be in a book with a story and I am sure that is all my son will care about.  

Hope you have a happy scrapping day!  

C





No comments:

Post a Comment