Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving.


I just want to share pictures of how generous you all have been over the last couple months.These bags hold cards that I have sent overseas to a National Guard Unit in Afghanistan.  Our friend, Carstin, receives the cards and lets members of her unit (or everyone on the facility?) "shop" for the cards they would like. They don't pay for these cards.  And according to Carstin, ours are much better than anything they can get at the BX!  =)   I really feel like we are doing some 'giving back ' by keeping this program going.  I would just like to remind you to bring cards to ANY of our club meetings.  They can be any theme, they will get used sooner or later.  I send a box every month that I have enough cards.

 
 I guess what I am trying to say, is THANK YOU, for being in our scrap booking club, for supporting my causes, and most of all for being my friends.  I am truly blessed to have you in my life.
 Can you guess what this is??  Well, it is the sides for one of our chipboard cubes.  This one was made by one of the girls who to the class to learn to decorate that cube.  These "pages" are laid out in the same form they will be added to the cube.  Isn't it beautiful?  It is going to look great on some one's desk for Christmas.  I would show you the one I am working on but .......
Well, you know, it's the time of year I can't share everything!!  ;-)     See you next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment