Monday, November 1, 2010

Winner South Dakota

 OK, so I know you are all wondering why I titled this post Winner, SD.  Well, I was wondering why all my fun friends from Sturgis would get up at 5AM, and drive 4 hours to go to Winner SD.  I went with them to find out, and this is the result!
We SHOPPED!  There is the best little hobby store there called - ha ha - The Hobby Shoppe!  Go figure!  And she has a great supply of paper, stickers, kits, flowers, inks and well scrap booking stuff.  We showed up on a day that she was hosting a weekend crop, so the store was filled with crazy women (and one young man!) who totally understood why we would do something crazy like this. We shopped for a couple hours, every time we walked through again, we saw something we had missed. And then, those crazy scrappers there for the crop invited us to share their lunch.  We had such a great time and we were welcomed with open arms!  We are already planning on going again - after our checkbooks recover! 
Ruth, the owner, even set up a little make and take for us.  Isn't this Halloween hanger adorable?  I ended up finishing mine up at home (I'm a bit slow you know!) but, I love it! 

I picked up some great Bo Bunny Press papers, perfect for the 20 yr. old boys around my house.  And I even got the paper to make my oldest son's graduation announcements for college.  She had paper with mechanics' tools, and then that textured chrome looking paper.  I'm sure I can work that into an announcement for graduation from mechanics school. 

I'll post a bit of my work later this week. The project I am focused on today I can't show, it's a Christmas gift.  But, later this week, something will show up.  Have a great one!  and I'll talk to you later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment