Sunday, January 9, 2011

December Catch Up

Well, Now that the new year is here, I am trying to get caught up on all my stuff, including my blog!  Long time no see!  =)   I know you all check daily to see if I have written anything, so I need to get on the stick and get some catching up done.  

I am so excited to be able to share the gift that I made my good friend D. for Christmas.  Well, not the whole gift, because I forgot to take pictures when I was done with it.  She is going to have to let me snag it and take some pictures to share with you all, but for now, you get to see the in progress.  

 These are the layouts for the CTMH My Creations Cube  # Z1152.  I taught a class and we all worked on our cubes, but it helps to lay them out as you work so you can see the way they will fit together in the end. So, this is the layout of my friend D's box.  The 4 sides shown facing us, and the top, upside down, because that is how the box lays out.  When it is all put together, the top will open right over the bright yellow frame, right where I wanted it to.


 I popped this frame out with foam tape by CTMH, #1151, so that I could use it as a pocket and put some tags with pictures in behind it. I had several pictures that were to long to fit in the mini album I put INSIDE the box.
I used a lot of chipboard and fun summer paper out of my stash too!  And bling, oh my! This was one of the funnest projects I have done in a long time!  I really enjoyed it and hope to have pictures of the FINISHED cube up soon.

So, now the question is ..... What are you doing to use up your stash?    See if you can't take some time this week to make a card or layout and use up some of that paper that you bought because you LOVE IT!  It's no good sitting in a box.  Have fun scrappin'    C

No comments:

Post a Comment