Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

Hey everyone.  I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.  It was pretty much gloomy and rainy here, so getting DH out on the motorcycle just didn't happen.  We had a very lazy day around our house, which I am sure I will regret in a couple days.  I did do some scrap booking.  I am working on my 2009 album.  I am anxious to get it done.  I get closer and closer to being fairly caught up.  I keep thinking, if I am caught up I can take more time and be more creative with my pages and paper.  Maybe get some more card making done.  Of course, if I didn't sit around and watch movies on weekends I could probably do that too!  ha ha

Any way, this weekend I spent a lot of time thinking about our veterans and so many people who have lost their lives for our country.  I wonder, have you scrapped September 11, 2001 yet?  I have not.  I have clippings and articles, I have deeply personal journaling, but I can't make myself do it yet.  I try, I get everything out, and I look at it all and I touch it all, and it all goes right back in the box.  And I didn't lose anyone personally. Someday I will be able to do these pages, but for now, they are put away.

 I just want to take a moment to remember the people who have given their lives, the wives who have sacrificed their peace of mind and lost their family members.  Without them, I could not do what I do.  I could not dither away my weekends and blog what ever I may be thinking.  I thank God and you every day for the freedoms I have.  Thank you , thank you, thank you, And God bless and protect the men and women who are out there now fighting for the life that I am blessed enough to enjoy.  connie

No comments:

Post a Comment