Saturday, February 20, 2010

February Card challenge


Well, in case you didn't notice, I am late getting this done this week. Unfortunately, I had some technical problems Thurs and Fri, and today was spent preparing for the BUNCO girls to show up at my house. I won a big prize this month, but I am still glad that it is over.
*
*
I hope everyone is prepared for Club tomorrow (today?) Don't forget to bring your swap cards! Rapid City girls are bringing 5 weather you are in the afternoon or the evening club, and Sturgis girls will be bringing 8 on Wed.
*
I also wanted to review the basic kit that I recommend everyone have every month. 12" paper cutter, scissors, pencil, bone folder, adhesive, if you have them you may also want to bring blocks, an edge distressing tool, piercing tool and mat, markers, corner rounder, and a stamp cleaner. Pictured is my basic kit.
*
*
This week is the week that I post my card challenge. HHMMMMM? Let me look and see what I can find. I found this site last week, and they have some fun challenges. How about you go check this out and do your card with this sketch http://http//jacksonbelleembellishments.wordpress.com/2010/01/05/jacksonbelle-tuesday-challenge-and-blog-hop/ I hope this works and I am not breaking any rules, I just think they have some fun things happening on their blog. I'm feeling really springy too, let's use some Key Lime and/or Taffy papers and for embellishments, let's use some edge anchors. And our theme, Spring of course! Anything spring or baby! New life. Boy, am I an optimist!! I'm just tired of the snow.
*
I am busy packing for the HEART OF THE HILLS WINTER RETREAT! I should start that with 'second annual' probably, but it already has quite a name! I am so excited to spend a quiet (?) weekend working, uninterrupted, on my projects. This is going to be great! There are 16 of us spending the weekend at Storm Mountain, and I know they are getting ready for us too! Don't forget to narrow down your plan to 1 or 2 things and focus on those . You will feel much more productive that way. (I am planning on working on DS's Scout album and these challenges!!)
Looking forward to a great week, and hoping to get more scrapping done this week than I did last week! See you soon, connie

No comments:

Post a Comment