Thursday, September 12, 2013

Creating again!!

An acquaintance of ours from the local HOG chapter retired from his job as a motorcycle mechanic last week.  I had to work, but Gary went to the party and needed a retirement card to take.  I have a bunch of cards on hand, always, but not retirement cards.  I also knew I had this great motorcycle stamp from 'the other company' that I wanted to use.  None of the papers are CTMH either!  Ha ha.  I really rebelled this time!  The papers are a REFLECTIONS pad from Micheal's, the watch stamps are from CTMH as is the 'Congratulations' stamp on the edge.  The brushed pewter brads are CTMH also.
I used an EKSuccess punch on the edge of the Kraft card from CTMH.  I thought it gave the card more texture and interest.  The layout is from our ORIGINALS design book.  Having that really makes a difference for me.  I am not a card maker by choice, it comes with being a consultant for me.  I am definitely more comfortable scrap booking. But, give me one of our design books, and I can do some amazing cards if I do say so myself.  I love being able to use my scrapping supplies for multiple purposes, more bang for my buck you know!  lol
When I get an opportunity to make a card for something or someone specific, and it all falls together so well, I really do love it!  This was fun to make, and reminded me that I need to make cards more often.  

Hope you are creating this week!  C

No comments:

Post a Comment