Saturday, May 11, 2019

Tuesday's Week in the Life


As I continue into this project, I am determined to do better than I did last year.  I am determined to get the photos of my reality NOW.  Of the daily things that make up my life as it is this year, this month, this moment. 

Unfortunately, that includes this rain/snow/hail stuff we had going on this morning.  YUCK!



The drive to my parents house is short, about 5 minutes.  As I passed through this intersection, I was hit with the thought that I have been going through this 'crazy corner' my whole life.  Now I go in a different direction, from a different street, but here I am again.  At this light, on this intersection. 


This is the rear view mirror of my parents car.  I have to adjust it up (a lot!), every time I move the car.  It is a bit scary to me how small my parents have gotten with age.  They really move this mirror down, while I keep it up.  Another sign of the process of time affecting us all.  Sometimes I find things comforting, and sometimes things are a bit frightening. 


This, I am rather proud of.  I have developed a new skill and I am good, if I do say so myself!  I can back up the car like a pro!  I am faster and faster and I am judging the back up distance better and better.  I might not get much use from this skill, but it is one I have (for now!)


I keep working on getting that great hand shot.  I have seen many that I admire and hope to duplicate, but this really isn't the one.  Still, today, these are my dads hands. Drinking coffee, which I always associate with him.  When I look at this picture I notice his wedding ring first. His knuckles are swollen, and has hands are almost always in motion.  A thing I am sure he isn't even aware of, but a thing I notice, as it is reflective of his state of mind some days. 



The running challenge these days is to get the SMALL wheelchair when we get to dialysis.  Dad swims in some of them, and he can hardly reach the foot pedals.  I always look for a small one. He feels more comfortable for his long afternoon. 



When I knew I was going to do the WITL challenge, this is the shot that immediately came to me.  It is not fancy. It is not taken with my DSLR camera.  But, I am guessing, this will be my favorite picture of the whole week. This is what I see, 3 days a week, as I wheel my dad into the medical center.  I am so blessed to be able to be here, to help them, to spend time with them, and to tell him, 3 times a week, how much I love him.  I am SO grateful for this time. 



And there is a bit of my second day of WITL.  
I didn't want to bore you with it all, but a glimpse maybe.  

See you tomorrow, 
Connie 


No comments:

Post a Comment