Friday, May 10, 2019

WEEK IN THE LIFE







So, I have basically survived the winter here (I wasn't sure it was ever going to end).  I am now on to Spring and all its adventures and possibilities.

 Do you get this way?  Now I am ready to start .....  I think to myself "oh, I was gonna focus on that this year!"  or  " Wow, I really wanted to practice that more this year."  Or  " I really want to do more of that this summer."  Like I am going to have more time in my days.  But, I do kind of get a renewed sense of wonder and self awareness at this time of year.

I think part of it is me getting through the 'crazy' part of my year.  With my Close to my Heart business I host a retreat in October and February, I have a NATIONAL SCRAPBOOKING DAY crop (which kind of wipes me out), I have a new catalog reveal party, I celebrate a birthday and prepare for Mothers Day, I get a big Spring Cleaning rush (who knows where that comes from!?) and I survive the worst part of the year with my primary job.  So suddenly, I feel like I can 'begin'.

The other thing that happens at this time of year that makes me more aware of my goals and sense of self is that I participate in the WEEK IN THE LIFE project developed by Ali Edwards.  I LOVE this project.  It forces - OK, encourages - me to get out my big DSLR camera for a whole week.

All of the sudden, I remember that I LOVE to take photographs.  I love thinking things through, thinking ahead, planning my photographs and being more creative.  This alone gets my juices flowing so I am pulling out books on photography, I re-learn settings on my camera, I get excited about the opportunities I have here in the hills to take AMAZING photos.  I just need to plan the time into my life to do it more.


Sometimes it is something as simple as changing my perspective!  

I also love the way Ali Edwards shares her WITL on her blog.  I would like to be as consistent and sharing as she is.  That too, is one of the goals I will be working on.  Share more.  

Take more pictures, share more pictures, tell more stories.  

For today, I think I would like to share one story from Monday's WITL that will be in my album.  

I am starting with the photos this year, and I have taken a TON of them!!  
135 on my cell phone and about 100 on my DSLR. Today is Saturday for reference, and I started on Monday. (the best pictures are the ones you actually take, and the best camera is the one you have with you!  current philosophies!) 

My Monday story ...


This is the state of my living room currently.  I had those shelves set up and sorted very prettily once. Then, I went looking for an album, and realized I had the boys' albums scattered all over the house.  I didn't know where any one's was.  There were loose pages everywhere too.  So, being me, I made piles.  Looking at this every day kinda stresses me out, but I haven't taken the time to put books together and finish albums.  I am mentally making a plan, where and when to start.  How to finish them and get them to the appropriate boy.  It all just takes time.  In the interim, I look at them every day.  They need to be dealt with. 



So, there you go. One of the pictures, and one of the stories for Monday.  
Let's see if I can share one tomorrow too.  

See you soon, connie



No comments:

Post a Comment